Sicilian Mafia RolePlay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Powergaming, Metagaming, IC and OOC

Go down

Powergaming, Metagaming, IC and OOC Empty Powergaming, Metagaming, IC and OOC

Post by Anthony_Corleone Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:21 am

Powergaming

People who Powergame usually RolePlay's things which may be impossible to do, leaving the other player no chance to fight back. Powergaming people usually focus most on his own character.
Here's just a little example of someone Powergaming, let's say the Powergamers name will be... John_Wollie.
EXAMPLE:

John_Wollie : Hey, come in my car, let's go to my crib! You'll get some cash.
Jack_Shang : Uhm, okay... I'll come with you in one condition...
John_Wollie : No, get in!

John_Wollie grabs Jack and throws him into car.
John_Wollie ties him.

See? Do you get it? That's completely Powergaming from John_Wollie. This other guy had no chance at all to resist. Do you get it? I'll explain some more from the example. John Wollie threw him into the car, without opening the door or anything, which is impossible to do in RolePlay. When John Wollie tied him, he tied him with a rope he got from nowhere, he didn't search for it or anything. I think this will make you understand a bit more...

Let's move on to Metagaming.

Metagaming

Metagaming is when you look above someone's name without knowing it in a RolePlaying way. It's when you just look above their head to see his/her name. And says it out like ' Hello Jack Shang! How are you? ' Without knowing that person, that is Metagaming. This is also called Metagaming - USING OOC INFORMATION IC

OOC - Out of Character

OOC means Out Of Character. You use OOC for anything which is out of character. Which would be smileys, short terms like wtf, lol, omg, rofl etc.
Anything that is Out of your character. When you talk in OOC you use brackets. I.E (( Hey, lol... how's your weather irl? )).

IC - In Character

IC means In Character. Which means the world of your character, and other characters, which doesen't mean the world of the player who plays the characters. You don't use the brackets for IC. The IC chat should be like when you talk to anyone else IRL, without any simple worlds like etc, lol, thanx, ty etc... You get it.
Anthony_Corleone
Anthony_Corleone
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Powergaming, Metagaming, IC and OOC Empty mam

Post by Jamw Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:06 am

I understand What a Face

Jamw

Back to top Go down

Powergaming, Metagaming, IC and OOC Empty thx

Post by Edd Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:11 am

very good explanation. thanks

Edd

Back to top Go down

Powergaming, Metagaming, IC and OOC Empty Good

Post by Someone Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:56 pm

Thanx i understand perfectly

Someone

Back to top Go down

Powergaming, Metagaming, IC and OOC Empty thanks

Post by mike Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:03 pm

thanks now i can play in valhalla server Very Happy sunny

mike

Back to top Go down

Powergaming, Metagaming, IC and OOC Empty Very Good

Post by PuCca Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:31 am

Thx

PuCca

Back to top Go down

Powergaming, Metagaming, IC and OOC Empty IP

Post by kzaid Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:28 am

Hey guys! Please, I'm attempting to copy the IP address but i can't find out the server, it still saying: 'Retrieving info' What is the true IP address? Please post a reply!

kzaid

Back to top Go down

Powergaming, Metagaming, IC and OOC Empty FUCKYOU

Post by NOOBXD Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:07 pm

DONT MG NOOBsS.

NOOBXD

Back to top Go down

Powergaming, Metagaming, IC and OOC Empty Re: Powergaming, Metagaming, IC and OOC

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum